Quick hair masks, what are? The benefits of the procedure, possible contraindications? Proven recipes and programming features real reviews.
The quick hair mask is a cosmetic that helps to restore the beauty of the hair quickly. It combines two valuable features: instantaneous effect and minimal use. It is true that it is a peculiarity of such events. Also, for good results, it is necessary to choose a combination that best suits the condition of the hair.
What is a quick hair mask?
Such tools are also called masks. The main thing that distinguishes them is the peculiarities of cooking. The composition is processed and applied immediately, it is not necessary to maintain mass on the head for a long time and in the end, it is left to wash off the residue and dry the hair, after having received an amazing effect.
Unlike traditional masks, homemade instant masks show results immediately, immediately after use. That is why they are also called first aid for hair. They are very helpful in the run-up to an important event if the curls look completely lifeless, dull, and faded.
If you research the material in advance, it turns out that most recipes for quick masks contain products that are almost always available. So they are convenient, that you do not have to run specifically to the store because of the procedure.
Useful properties of quick hair masks
To maintain the beauty and health of the hair, many women prefer ointments, or even 2 in 1 product – shampoos with the addition of ointments, as it takes minimal time to care for it and it is often sorely lacking. It will take at least an hour for a normal hair mask to prepare the ingredients, store the composition on the hair (up to 40 minutes), and wash off the mass.
If you use quick action masks, it will take up to half an hour for everything. In this case, the following effect is observed:
- The natural shine returns to the hair.
- The strings will be obeyed; they will be easy to style.
- Stable electricity will be removed.
- The scales will be smooth, so the hair will look smooth and the seal will also protect the core from destructive elements.
- The shock of the hair will gain volume and density.
Moreover, even with short-term use, the effects are not only visual. At least a little curl is lined with valuable ingredients. If you follow the rules of using the combinations, your hair will benefit the most from them.
Because quick masks are used for a short time, ingredients containing extracts of useful substances are suitable for them.
For example, recipes with the following ingredients are common:
- Eggs … Rich in lecithin, amino acids, and vitamin E. The first has the ability to repair damaged hair. Amino acids give shine and prevent dandruff. Thanks to vitamin E, softness, shine, and silk back into the strands.
- Dairy products … are rich in proteins and fats that nourish the hair. Such a component eliminates dryness, fragility, and irritation of the skin.
- Onions … The product contains vitamin C, silicon, and zinc. Effective masks are made for rapid hair growth, as it has a complex effect on the head: it nourishes the follicles, disinfect the skin, and normalize the production of secretions.
Contraindications and damage from quick hair masks
In principle, it is impossible to damage with the right choice of mask. The main thing is to choose a recipe where there are no ingredients that can cause allergies. Caution should be exercised when using pharmaceuticals with burning ingredients.
Be sure to try it before using the hair mask soon. To do this, apply a small amount of the product to the skin behind the ear and evaluate the reaction after half an hour. If there are no unpleasant feelings, itching, redness, or rash, you can perform the operation.
The dishonesty of quick masks lies in the fact that they create the illusion that health has returned to the hair, and the curls are fully restored. But this is not the case! To fully support the threads requires regular qualified care. You should not expect a long-lasting healing effect from such masks. It is only possible if they are used continuously.
It is forbidden to use quick hair masks for scalp injuries, open wounds, or scratches. Do not use such a remedy if you have dermatitis, psoriasis, and other skin diseases.
Note! If you experience discomfort, itching, or burning, wash off the mask immediately.
The best quick recipes for hair masks
Although the key task of such a procedure is to give the hairstyle a brilliant look, it is still worth choosing a mask with a quick effect, taking into account its beneficial effects on the hair. Therefore, they first investigate what the problems are: perhaps the threads are very fat or vice versa dried, there are brittle hairs or split ends. You can also find comprehensive combinations.
The most effective recipes:
- With mustard powder and cognac … The mask is suitable for all occasions. Prepare the following items: 1 tbsp. l. aloe juice, 1 tbsp. l. mustard powder, 1 tbsp. l. cognac, 1 egg yolk, 2 tsp. cream. First, aloe juice is mixed with cognac and mustard powder. Whisk the egg yolks separately. Then all the ingredients are kneaded, and the composition is applied to the head and stored for 15 minutes.
- With gelatin … To make a mask for fast hair growth and for hair volume, take gelatin and water in a ratio of 1 to 3. After mixing these ingredients, let the mixture swell. Then heat it up for a few seconds in the microwave, add a little shampoo, and the procedure is done in a standard way. The result will impress immediately after one application.
- With yeast … Rapid mustard mask has similar properties. By combining it with yeast, you get a product with high performance. And everything is prepared quickly and simply and the effect is pleasing from the first application. Knead first with warm water, a little sugar, and mustard powder added. Then you can apply the mask to your hair. This recipe is used with a few nuances in mind. The water should be up to 40 degrees, otherwise, the mustard will only harm: it begins to release toxic substances. It is necessary to listen to the feelings: if there is a strong burning sensation, then the composition needs to be rinsed soon. As the combination is relatively aggressive, it is used no more than 2 times a week.
- With egg yolk … If your hair is shiny with fat, you can mix 0.5 liters of yogurt (kefir) with 1 beaten egg yolk. From the roots, spread the mass over the curls and let stand for 30 minutes, if time allows.
- With onion … Quick hair mask is made of onion and honey. For this, the head is turned into gruel. A small onion needs 4 tbsp. l. honey, which is introduced after the vegetables are chopped, knead the mass. If burdock extract is available at home, then it is useful to add it as well.
Note! If you need a quick mask to thicken your hair, then it’s time to make yourself a cup of coffee! You can drink half and the rest after cooling is mixed with the egg yolk. Gently massage the combination and hold it on your head for up to half an hour.
Rules for using quick hair masks
Before creating a quick mask, you should learn the basics of how to do it. This is important for achieving the desired results – luxurious strands that will be filled with life and will delight you with natural shine and softness.
How to make a quick hair mask:
- It is useful to choose in advance the best combination for a particular hair type to have ready-made products on hand. After all, quick masks were invented for it, so that they could be used at any time to quickly restore the beauty of curls.
- Before experimenting, it is important to test the product for allergies. This is especially risky in the run-up to a responsible event. So there is no need to postpone the tests until the last day. It is better to spend it in a calm atmosphere, to make sure that the body does not react violently to any components in the composition of the product.
- The fastest hair masks are oil-free! Just try applying oil to the strands and then rinsing off – with such a component you cannot quickly wash your hair to perfect purity. If you present a similar ingredient without the risk of going to an important meeting with oily hair, then it must be heated in a water bath. And this again takes a lot of time. Accordingly, it is better to sweep the options immediately aside with oil.
- According to many recipes, masks are worth working by hand, grinding food. However, if time is running out, you can use a blender. He will definitely rule out crumbs, which then get tangled in the hair and sometimes go completely unnoticed.
- Quick hair masks are mostly designed to quickly restore the look of curls. Therefore, they are distributed from root to tip, without trying to rub the mass exactly into the head. In a short time, however, the ingredients will not have time to reach the follicles, so you should not waste time on this. Of course, if a combination for hair growth is used, in this case, the focus is on the roots.
- Many women ignore warming and think that it makes no sense to wrap their heads for 10-15 minutes. But this is not true, just the heat will multiply the success of the procedure. The easiest way is to wrap the head first with a simple bag and then roll a towel on top.
- If possible, lie down while wearing the mask. Of course, many ladies love quick hair masks at home because they do not take time and when time limits are tight, you can quickly lubricate the combination between makeup and dress test. But it is better to relax at least for a while. This will be more beneficial for both hair and face, which will also get rid of signs of fatigue.
- It is better to wash the mask off with warm water. You can use shampoo, but no conditioner or ointment. In the end, it will be useful to rinse your hair with water and lemon juice. Thanks to this, the hair will get a luxurious shine.
- If the hair is dried after the operation, it partially loses its meaning, as the strands are immediately tested after strengthening and healing. On the other hand, such masks are made at moments when you need to hurry and get your head in order quickly. So you have to use a hair dryer and sometimes you cannot do without it – it helps with style. Therefore, the best option is to buy a device that protects the hair from drying out.
- Quick masks do not replace the need for regular grooming. And furthermore, if there are obvious problems with curls, then they also need traditional procedures for deep recovery.
Actual reviews about quick hair masks
Of course, it is interesting to read reviews about quick hair masks to decide for yourself whether it is worth spending time on them, even if it takes a little. Overall, there are many positive reactions. Although there is a negative: someone has high hopes for such actions, some find that a combination that is not initially useful for a particular haircut. Therefore, it is difficult to draw unequivocal conclusions.
Alesya, 38 years old
Ever since we had our second child, quick hair loss masks have become my salvation. On the one hand, the threads just got bundled. On the other hand, there was absolutely no time to go. I read the recipes, and chose options for myself: I liked it with a banana, and a good egg, and sometimes I do it with onions. I try to repeat it at least once a week. In my opinion, they do not climb so much, they have become a little livelier, not as dull as immediately after birth and pregnancy.
Katerina, 27 years old
My hair is naturally not the best. And then there was the institution, the nerves, all the issues. In general, when I graduated, I finally looked at myself in the mirror – and I was horrified. In general, they thinned out, as if I was not twenty with a tail, but all 70. But I have already got a job; the time is still not enough. I decided it was time to dump her and move on. I read how to make quick-acting masks at home. And she started using – in fact, what is always in the fridge. Now I use cream milk, then honey, then yeast, and gelatin. Somehow I cannot name a specific recipe. But after more than a year and a half of such operations, the haircut has clearly changed for the better, although I did not really trust the result. Admittedly, I do them regularly – several times a week for literally 15 minutes,
Lyudmila, 40 years old
I use quick masks to save myself from meetings and events. In my opinion, they work. Eggs have been tried differently, like. The curls become shiny and dense. It takes a considerable amount of time and the appearance changes noticeably as if paralysis has passed in the passenger compartment.
If you want a quick hair mask to be effective, then it is best to take the time and try different combinations. Each head of hair perceives different aspects in its own way. It is important to find a product that will have the best effect on the curls.