Liquid vitamin A for hair; how to use it correctly? Why is it recommended to inject vitamin A into hair masks? Benefits and harms when using it. Homemade recipes and application rules. Vitamin A is a fat-soluble substance with the medical name Retinol. It enters the body with animal products, but this is not always enough to increase immunity or eliminate cosmetic defects. It is purchased in a pharmacy under the brand name “Retinol Acetate” to increase effectiveness. Packaging: glass vials, gelatin capsules, or ampoules. The concentration of vitamin A in ampoules is the highest. It is used orally, injected ably, and externally as a cosmetic.
Benefits of liquid vitamin A for hair
Retinol has a positive effect on the quality of the hair. It helps to restore strands damaged by numerous dyes and mixtures.
- Strengthens hair follicles responsible for hair growth and prevents hair loss.
- Regulates fat production.
- It increases the regeneration function of the scalp, eliminates peeling and inflammation, and stimulates the production of keratin.
- It nourishes the hair, makes it more elastic, prevents breakage, and eliminates splitting (splits) along the entire length and at the ends.
Suppose the strands are over-dried, “naughty,” and are often tangled. In that case, it is recommended to supplement external use with oral intake, add vitamin complexes with Retinol to the diet, preferably Aevit, or drink capsules. As an ingredient for external remedies, it is better to use vitamin A, packed in glass vials – “Retinol palmitate” or ampoules. The latter contains protein, collagen, and keratin.
Contraindications for the use of vitamin A for hair
But you should not abuse the use of oil products. If masks are used too often, the opposite effect can be obtained. The curls quickly become greasy and tangled; the appearance becomes dirty. The scalp gets used to constant nutrition, and sebaceous glands are disturbed. When you stop using masks, your hair starts to break and fall out.
Do not take Retinol for a long time. Exceeding the dose can cause frequent headaches, nausea, dizziness, and allergic skin reactions. During pregnancy, pancreatic or gall bladder dysfunction, hypothyroidism should be limited to external use only.
Keep in mind: that the substance is absorbed and minimally enters the bloodstream. You must refuse proper masks if irritation occurs – rashes, redness, swelling, and other unpleasant symptoms that indicate intolerance.
Liquid vitamin A for hair mask recipes
Retinol is the active ingredient in all recommended home remedies. It is rubbed into the scalp or applied to the ends in its pure form, distributed through the hair together with the base material (substrate of the composition) and additional ingredients, added to shampoo or balm. It is impossible to store the mixtures – they are made immediately before use.
Liquid vitamin A for hair mask
The healing process should begin with shampooing. The product is applied to clean hair, starting from the roots, and while the mixture is being processed, the strands will have time to dry. It is undesirable to use a hair dryer, especially if the curls are dull and lifeless. The foundation is put into the composition – olive oil and Retinol, in a ratio of 2: 1. Warm up before use. Wash off after an hour.
Shredded dried herbs are mixed in equal amounts: horseradish, nettle, and chamomile. Pour 2 tablespoons of the mixture with 120 ml of boiling water to get a thick solution. Insist under the lid until the liquid acquires a rich dark color and a distinct herby-bitter smell of herbs. They fill a glass with the pulp of black bread and wait until the infusion is completely absorbed. The wet crumb is poured from ampoules with liquid vitamins A, E, and B12. Massage into the roots for 50 minutes. After the cosmetic procedure, the tea leaves are not drained; you must thoroughly wash your head.
Mask with vitamin A to accelerate hair growth
To accelerate hair growth, it is recommended to use one of the following masks:
- With mustard … The amount of ingredients depends on the length of the curls. Proportions of the composition: egg yolk, 1 part oil, vitamin A, the same amount of thorn, if the scalp flakes, 4 parts each of hot carbonated water and mustard powder. First, dilute the mustard with warm water and let it brew; grind the egg yolks, and mix with oils. Only then are the ingredients combined. Before applying to the head, the composition is thoroughly mixed. You cannot dilute mustard with boiling water. During this time, volatile compounds containing phenol are released. It can cause an allergic reaction in the form of bronchospasm.
- With pepper tincture … Pepper tincture, 2 parts, is combined with the same amount of lemon juice. Mix one spoonful of vitamin A, castor oil, and honey. Honey acts as an emulsifier: if you do not mix oil components with it, they float to the surface. Beat the egg yolk. Everything is mixed: honey, egg yolk, lemon juice, and pepper tincture. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- With linseed oil … The linseed oil in this mask is the base product; the rest of the ingredients are added to it. Proportions: 4 parts of the base, 2 pieces of the tincture from Eleutherococcus, and 1 part of Retinol from the ampoule. Do not use linseed oil formulas during the day. Beneficial properties are destroyed under the influence of ultraviolet radiation.
The proposed masks are used at night.
Vitamin A masks strengthen hair follicles.
To prevent hair from falling out, a substance is placed in the mask that accelerates blood circulation in their growing area. They are not distributed along the length; they are limited to the root zone.
- With Dimexidum … Basis – burdock oil, 2 tablespoons. One ampoule of vitamin E, a tablespoon of lemon juice, and a teaspoon of Dimexide are added. Such a combination remains for 1 hour but should analyze your feelings. Suppose there is a burning sensation and itching. In that case, they notice that the skin has turned pink under the insulation, an unpleasant sensation has appeared – a bitter taste of saliva, and the mask is washed off. Divide oxide increases the depth of “delivery” of nutrients; respectively, the medicinal composition is absorbed into the bloodstream.
- With red pepper and onion juice … The red pepper tincture used in this mask is regular “pepper.” Mix a tablespoon of castor, burdock oil, onion juice, and pepper, and add a beaten egg yolk and an ampoule of vitamin A. It is enough to keep it for 30-40 minutes.
- With essential oils … The ester molecules in their structure are similar to human hormones, so they are easily absorbed into the skin. The base is coconut oil. To process curls of medium length, you need 2-3 tablespoons of the ground, 2 drops each of the necessary products – rosewood, chamomile, coriander, and a teaspoon of vitamin A. If the mask’s smell seems unpleasant, you can refuse one of the above essential oils or add someone’s chamomile, a kind of citrus. The nervous system is sensitive to fragrance, and if rejection occurs during use, the procedure will not benefit.
- With alcohol … The additional function of the mask is to restore the brightness of the color. Mix 1.5 tablespoons of cognac or brandy with jojoba or coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of Retinol, 1 egg yolk, and a drop of honey.
Mask with vitamin A against increased dryness in the hair
To eliminate dryness, 1 tablespoon of Retinol from a bottle is injected into the masks. Ampoules are not used in this case. They also contain other ingredients – protein and collagen, which add weight to damaged strands. Distribute the pieces lengthwise.
- Tropical mask … Better to cook with a mixer. A small peeled cucumber and half an avocado are placed in a bowl. The food is cut into pieces so as not to damage the device. Grind, pour 3-4 tablespoons of sour cream, and bring complete uniformity. Next, remove the lid or blender mixture, mix the active ingredient, and stir everything with a fork. Another option: avocado vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons, mixed with 6 drops of ylang-ylang essential oil and vitamin A. Reheat before use.
- With cabbage juice … The juice is squeezed from a fresh stump, 2 tablespoons and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add 2 teaspoons of potato starch and one tablespoon of vitamin A.
- Simple oil composition … The primary product is a vegetable oil of your choice: almond, burdock, linseed, olive, or coconut oil, 2 tablespoons. Mix with Retinol and pour in a teaspoon of lemon juice. If your hair is too light, add half a teaspoon of honey.
- With honey and cognac … Olive oil, 2 tablespoons, mixed with vitamin A, then mixed with a tablespoon of honey, beaten into an egg yolk. Before serving, pour a bit of brandy – no more than 20-30 ml. Keep up to half an hour.
- With pepper and white cosmetic clay… Clay, 2 tablespoons, is diluted with the same amount of kefir, and then mashed green pepper and Retinol are added.
This group contains a recipe for eliminating the cross-section of the ends. But in this case, you don’t need to make a mask. Before you wash your hair, it is enough 2 times a week to apply Retinol to the problem area and leave it for 30-40 minutes. Long hair is first wrapped in plastic wrap and then in a towel. The whole head is not isolated. The greenhouse effect is detrimental to a weakened hair follicle.
Rules for using liquid vitamin A for hair
If Retinol is not used correctly, it will not do any good.
When adding vitamin A oil to hair masks, you must follow these recommendations:
- Before using the composition, it is necessary to perform an allergy test – apply a little mixture to the temple. It is usually done on the wrist, but where the scalp is planned to be treated, it is best to try this way. If there is no irritation on the skin after half an hour, you can start the healing process.
- The treatment course duration is no more than 2-3 months. Frequency of use – no more than 2 times a week with excessive fat production, three times – with insufficient.
- In its pure form, Retinol is massaged into the scalp or applied to split ends.
- Castor, sea buckthorn, or carrier oil is used as a base material to increase the effect.
- A water bath is used if the mask needs to be heated before use.
- To increase the product’s effectiveness, you can warm the strands with a hair dryer, and before massaging into the roots, massage the scalp to speed up blood flow.
- Retinol formulations are applied to dry, clean hair, from root to tip.
- When the detergent is added to the shampoo, it lathers and then rubs into the meat. Wash off after 5 minutes.
- The mask is kept on the head for 30 to 60 minutes, warming the lead first with foil or cellophane and then with a towel and rolled up like a turban.
- Use a mild detergent with no fragrance or collagen to wash your hair. Better to use baby shampoo.
- It will enhance the therapeutic effect of the compounds if the head is rinsed with chamomile infusion or a solution of apple cider vinegar after removal. Chamomile, 2 tbsp., steep with a glass of water. Then the liquid is filtered and the brew diluted in 1 liter of water. The proportions for diluting apple cider vinegar are 1 tablespoon per 0.5 liters.
One application cannot wholly solve the problem. Still, after the procedure, the curls will look much better – until the next wash. It is impossible to restore hair without regular use. If your hair is falling out, it is best to consult a trichology before using home remedies, as the problem may be something else.