Phytolamination is a medical method of hair coloring. Find out all the subtleties and features of its implementation. Well-groomed, beautiful, and healthy hair is the key to feminine attractiveness. Therefore, girls pay special attention to the process of caring for curls – natural homemade masks, expensive beauty products in a beauty salon, massage, and the use of sprays and ointments. But despite significant efforts, achieving the desired results is not always possible.
Simple hair color can nullify all attempts, as the composition of the dye contains aggressive substances that get into the curls and disrupt their structure. All this leads to increased dryness and brittle hair; they become lifeless and lose their natural shine. But this is not a reason to completely stop coloring.
Japanese cosmetics manufacturers have managed to develop a revolutionary product that prevents or minimizes the risk of injury to hair during coloring while restoring its damaged structure. This product does not contain ammonia or other harmful substances. New to the market was the brand Lebel which introduced the LUQUIAS product for hair phytolamination.
Phytolamination: what is it?
Phytolamination is a method where the fibers are dyed in a specific color. At the same time, a powerful restoration of the keratin layer co-occurs as the effect of biologically active substances on the composition of the drug used during the procedure.
Thanks to phytolamination, literally after the first procedure, the curls return an attractive, healthy shine. Even heavily damaged hair is restored because the strands become more robust, the color is uniform, and additional volume appears.
Girls who have already tried this method themselves claim that the main drawback is that the result obtained will last about one month on average, as well as the relatively high cost of phytolamination.
Contraindications for phytolamination
Like any other cosmetic method, phytolamination of the hair has certain disadvantages:
- ash on the scalp;
- Scratches, cuts, and further damage to the scalp.
First of all, you need to heal the scalp and only then do phytolamination.
What is the difference between phytolamination and dyeing?
This method has many positive features, thanks to which it is becoming more and more popular every day:
- It has a sparing effect. A simple color gives the hair the appropriate shade by penetrating the deep layers of the hair – due to exposure to chemicals, the hair follicles open, allowing the dye to enter, and natural elements are destroyed, which are replaced by pigment compounds. For this reason, the hair will be exposed and pierced after the dyeing procedure. The effect of pigment lamination occurs according to another principle – not only pigments but also nutrients around each hair create a uniform and relatively thick film. In this case, there is no violation of the structure of the hair. Still, its internal restoration begins with nutrition with useful natural substances.
- You can perform the phytolamination procedure immediately after bleaching or erasing. As a rule, after performing such operations, which have an aggressive effect, stylists are advised to give the hair a chance to rest and not to dye it again. As a result, the keratin layer of the hair can be completely destroyed. But with the phytolamination method, everything is a little different. After recent exposure to aggressive substances, there is an excellent restoration of damaged hair. Phytolamination helps restore curls’ beautiful natural shine and returns them to a healthy and attractive appearance.
- The procedure gives the strands a healthy glow, lasting for about 8 weeks. A unique balm is usually applied at the end of the coloring process to improve the shine. But after the first wash, you may notice that the color fades and the beautiful shine disappears. Phytolamination has a regenerating effect due to the impact of natural polymers, returns to its natural glow, and lasts for several months. It does not matter how often the hair is washed.
- Overdose is impossible. During phytolamination, the hair is saturated with valuable trace elements and vitamins of natural origin. Each hairline absorbs as many nutrients as needed. Therefore, it is simply impossible to cause harm by performing the procedure too often. But with each method, the curls become more robust, obedient, and beautiful.
What is included in the phytolamination mixture?
All drugs used during the operation have only a natural composition. Therefore they have almost no contraindications. As a rule, these are essential oils, herbal extracts, and vitamins. Thus, the phytolamination procedure can be performed even with a tendency to allergies, during pregnancy and breastfeeding, for owners of sensitive scalps.
The composition of the preparation for phytolamination is:
- Hydrolyzed natural silk protein. This material, in its structure and composition, is as close as possible to the design of the keratin layer of the hair. During the procedure, under the influence of a stream of hot air, protein molecules break down because they penetrate much more easily into the structure of the hair, which is filled from the inside, its surface is smoothed, and the integrity of the keratin layer is restored, a protective film is formed around the hair along its entire length it’s. As a result, the strands return natural softness, softness, shine, and easier combing after washing.
- Sunflower seed extract. This material can create a reliable protective barrier, preventing adverse effects from ultraviolet rays, chlorine, and seawater.
- Grape seed extract. This substance is a natural and utterly natural antioxidant, thanks to which the hair receives reliable and long-term protection against the adverse effects of various environmental factors. Grape seed extract helps restore the hair’s proper moisture balance, providing saturation with essential nutrients and vitamins.
- Soybean extract. This material offers deep moisturizing and taming curls.
- Corn protein. This element provides the saturation of the hair with the necessary nutrients; it has a stimulating effect on the growth of circles. It also works on the scalp’s condition and normalizes the sebum production process.
Advantages of the phytolamination method
Phytolamination of the hair has many advantages, thanks to which every day it becomes an increasingly popular method:
- Curls look neat literally after the first operation;
- This method is used for long and short hair;
- Strands gain additional volume (about 10%);
- A reasonably persistent effect is achieved;
- Strands become more obedient, and the styling process is greatly facilitated;
- It turns out to be a uniform tone and wash of color;
- Along the entire length, the curls will be smooth, soft, and obedient;
- The shade of the hair will be as natural as possible;
- The ends are sealed, so they will not necessarily be cut;
- After the operation, the electrification problem disappears completely;
- It provided reliable protection of hair against various types of adverse effects – for example, ultraviolet rays, hot styling, sea, etc.;
- A transparent product can be used during the procedure because the natural shade of the hair is preserved;
- Average fat and water balance;
- A reasonably diverse color palette is presented to perform phytolamination of colors;
- Ideal for hair of different types and structures;
- With the help of colored photometry, you can hide gray hair;
- This method has almost no contraindications;
- Due to the effect of natural substances, hair is strengthened;
- The layering material used is safe for women in an exciting position;
- There is no adverse effect on the condition of the hair;
- The composition used in the procedure does not have an unpleasant smell;
- The duration of the course is about 1.5 hours.
How is the phytolamination method performed?
First, an analysis of the condition of the hair is made before the master starts directly with the phytolamination method. It is determined in what state the hair is since the selection of the composition for the procedure depends on this.
Then the hair is washed well, slightly dried with a hairdryer so that it is not wet but somewhat damp.
Elemental composition is used on the strands. Still, their primary function is to ensure better interaction between the hair and the medicine used.
Lamination is applied to each strand, but stepping a few mm from the roots is essential.
After the product has been distributed evenly along the length of the hair, the curls are covered with a plastic cap, and such a compress is left for exactly half an hour. It is essential to ensure a constant hot air supply to the strands, so the master uses a hair dryer. Thanks to the effect of high temperature, the active penetration of biologically active substances into the hair begins and is restored from the inside.
After the specified time has passed, the layering is washed off the hair with a large amount of running water. Then a special ointment is applied to ensure the result. With the help of a hairdryer, the hair is dried; if necessary, it can do styling with an iron.
The procedure duration is approximately 1.5 hours; it all depends on the length of the hair. After 2 weeks, the composition gradually washes off, and the effect obtained will last for about 6-8 weeks. The phytolamination procedure is entirely safe so that it can be performed at any time. Still, it is better to trust the hands of an experienced master. It is not recommended to carry out additional staining with simple paint after this procedure, as there is a risk of obtaining the result.