BLUSHERS – I love you in all shapes, forms and sizes.
From stick blushers which you dab onto your cheeks, er, straight from the stick, powder blushers best applied with a great blusher brush, palettes which give you lots of tones to play with, or my new favourite type of blusher – an Aqua Blush (as Bourjois have coined it) basically a water-based blush which is a sheer liquid that just gives your cheeks a hint of fresh, flushed colour. By Terry also have a liquid blush offering – Cellularose Blush Glace which they call a ‘water balm’ which you can layer up until you have the colour coverage that you desire.
Benefit have a palette which takes in all of their signature blushers call the Cheekathon palette which is rather wonderful, and Burberry have a delightful stick blush which imparts a flush of orangey goodness onto your cheeks.
I love experimenting with all types of colours too – my favourites are corals, but I also love a statement cheek look from a bright bubblegum pink or a deep red.
Budget-wise – try Barry M and Revlon for the lower end of the price scale, or splash out with By Terry, Burberry, Benefit or Stila, whose cooling and hydrating Aqua Glow Watercolur Blush liquid formula is delivered via a ‘mesh touch colour dispenser’ and is buildable and long-wear.
Here’s my pick of the best blushers for the summer, below.
Clockwise from top left:
- Benefit Cheekathon palette, £44.50
- Bourjois Aqua Blush in Cocoricolrail, £8.99
- Barry M Blusher Stick, £4.49
- Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow, £9.99
- Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher Rose, £7.99
- By Terry Sun Designer Palette, £64
- Burberry Fresh Glow Blush in Orange Poppy, £23
- By Terry Cellulose Blush Glace, £38
- Stila Aqua Glow Watercolour Blush, £20
- Clinique Cheek Pop blush, £17