Black dots; what are the reasons? Ugly blackheads can ruin your mood for a long time, as it is not easy to get rid of them, but possible. For this, not only toilet cosmetics are suitable, but also “grandmother” techniques. Blackheads or comedones occur in those with problematic and oily skin. Today it is one of the most common problems because the skin becomes sloppy and unhealthy. In almost all cases, blackheads appear due to dust blockage in the sebaceous glands, sebum, and dead skin particles. Therefore, they can most often appear on the chin, forehead, and nose.
Reasons for the formation of black dots
It is usual for the pores of the skin to become clogged regularly. It often happens due to increased sebum production (the most common problem in those with oily skin), which acts as a plug. The formation of comedones begins immediately at the site of the blockage.
To eliminate such a cosmetic defect in a relatively short time, it is necessary to determine the exact cause of its appearance:
- Improper skin care – to prevent the formation of blackheads, it is essential to clean the skin at least twice a day with a lotion and perform regular gentle exfoliation 2 times a week.
- Certain disorders of the endocrine system. Due to the failure of the internal organs, the skin becomes oily, and the natural process of cleaning the pores from impurities becomes more difficult.
- Abuse of cosmetics – you need to choose only high-quality products that simultaneously take care of the skin.
- Long-term use of certain medications.
- Incorrect nutrition or the presence of stomach diseases – you need to stop eating salty and fatty foods.
- Genetic predisposition, as well as the unique characteristics of the skin.
- Bad habits – alcohol and smoking hurt the condition of the skin.
- Constant stay in stressful situations. Nervous tension hurts the body because the composition of fat changes, and a severe disturbance occurs in the blood flow to the upper layer of the skin.
- Hormonal disorders occur in the body.
Black dots: what to do?
- To improve the skin’s condition, it is recommended to pay special attention to your diet; you should try to avoid fatty, fried food. It is advisable to increase your diet with fresh fruits and do not forget vegetables.
- Do not wash your face more than twice a day. It is recommended to use mineral or boiled water to clean the face.
- It is beneficial to lead an active lifestyle by exercising regularly in the gym. Just half an hour of exercise helps normalize hormone levels responsible for fat production.
- It is not recommended to use strong alcohol products to clean problem areas, as this can lead to a severe imbalance in the skin’s water balance. In turn, this causes the beginning of more arduous fat production.
- It is necessary to ensure that the hair does not fall on the face during the hot season, and you should also not rub the skin with dirty hands.
- It is strictly forbidden to squeeze blackheads. As a result, it can be acne. In the most severe cases, there is a significant enlargement of the capillaries and the appearance of deep scars.
If you cannot remove blackheads on your own, it is best to seek the help of an esthetician.
Blackhead removal technique
It is almost impossible to eliminate blackheads for good. Still, with a proper and regular facial treatment, it will be possible to improve the skin’s condition significantly.
In modern beauty salons, the solution to this cosmetic problem is carried out in the following way:
- Ultrasonic cleaning.
- Vacuum cleaning.
- Manual mechanical cleaning (gives the best results but is a bit traumatic).
Suppose there is no possibility or desire to hurt the skin using beauty salon methods. In that case, you can use the advice of your “grandmother”:
- Cosmetic ice cubes.
- Hot compresses.
- Herbal baths.
First, you must perform a simple sauna, gently steam the skin and simplify the different cleaning processes. Take a small spoon and boil clean water in it. Add a little essential oil to boiling water (it is advisable to choose the oils that have an antibacterial effect). Put a spoon of liquid in front of you, and tilt your head, but not strongly, as there is a risk of burning. Cover your head with a towel. The duration of the procedure should be at least 10 minutes.
For such a method, not only steam from hot water is perfect, but also extraordinary compositions designed for hot masks. It is advisable to choose those products that contain blue clay. It is helpful to use a variety of scrubs.
To prevent the appearance of blackheads, it is helpful to regularly take baths and saunas and make a warm compress (a sterile bandage or gauze is suitable as a material). The hot steam and water will gradually expand the clogged pores and make cleansing much more accessible.
Facial cleansing masks for black dots
- – beat one egg white with sugar (1 table l.). Once the sugar has dissolved, brush your face with the mixture and wash it after 10 minutes.
- Massage cream with soda – Mix baking soda (1/2 tsp.) with the same amount of salt (OK). Dilute the mixture with a drop of water and apply to your face. Wash your face after 5 minutes.
- Kefir – Soda (1/2 tsp. L.), mixed with chopped oatmeal (1 tbsp. L.) and diluted with a small amount of kefir. Remove the mixture from your face after about 7 minutes.
- With aloe – beat one protein, add lemon juice (2 tsp.), and add fresh aloe juice (2 tsp.). Whisk the mixture and brush over the problem areas. Wash your face after 6 minutes.
- Mask with cosmetic clay – Dilute blue or cosmetic clay with clean water and apply to the face. After 8 minutes, rinse off with cold water.
- Oatmeal – Mix the crushed oatmeal (1 tbsp.) and baking soda (1/2 tsp.), diluted with water (1 tsp.). Wipe off problem areas and wash after 6 minutes.
- Cafe – Mix oatmeal (1 tsp. L.) and refined table salt (1/2 tsp. L.) in a coffee grinder. It is helpful to replace common salt with sea salt. Add coffee (1 tsp.) and chopped beans (1 tsp.), and add sour cream (1/2 tablespoon). Lubricate all problem areas and wash after 7 minutes.
- Herbs – regularly wipe problem areas with a wipe dipped in an infusion of flax or chamomile seeds.
- Rice mask from blackheads – In the evening, pour boiling water over rice (2 cups), mash it in the morning, and use it as a mask or cleansing scrub.
With boric acid – grind oat flakes (1 tbsp. l.) in a coffee grinder, add boric acid (3 drops), and dilute with a small amount of kefir. Lubricate all problem areas with the resulting composition; wash your face after 4 minutes.