IT’S two months until I return into the world of full-time work and as much as I am looking forward to going back to my career, I also feel pretty conflicted about handing over my baby to a nursery.
Yesterday, the reality of it all was sinking in and as my anxiety peaked (followed by a few glasses of white wine) I channeled all my nervous energy into spring cleaning the house.
I’m not known to be OCD about cleaning, but I had the scrubbing brushes out and was tackling the filthy skirting boards! It felt SO good. To finish off my efforts I placed heavenly scented candles or reed diffusers in each room and gave the house a spritz with my favourite room sprays.
Room sprays seem to be a bit multi-tasking of late being rebranded as body room and linen sprays. Personally I don’t want to smell like my living room, so I’m happy to separate my fragrances to the ones that I use on my home.
Room scents don’t have to break the bank either – The Body Shop have a lovely range of affordable linen sprays for under a tenner, while on the more luxe end of the scale Jo Malone have a stunning range of diffusers which smell divine.
Here are my favourite products to spruce up your pad.
Clockwise from top left:
- Orla Kiely Lavender Scented candle, £25
- Ted Baker Miami Diffuser, £35
- Orla Kiely Orange Rind Scented Reed Diffuser, £32
- Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia Diffuser, £58
- Cannock London Kukui Oil Room & Linen Spray from Handpicked.com, £22
- The Body Shop Mandarin & Tangelo Body, Room & Linen Spritz, £7
- Rituals Mini Under A Fig Tree Fragrance Sticks, £14.50